Run on Solar automatically manages the distribution of surplus solar energy in your home. It allocates the excess power generated by your solar panels to charge your EV, power your heating or AC, or run your appliances — optimizing your energy use and reducing your utility costs.
- Cost savings: Make the most out of your solar by reducing your reliance on grid electricity.
- Efficiency: Automates what was once a manual process, saving you both time and effort.
There are two main ways to use Run on Solar:
If you have a meter connected to Zerofy, Zerofy will check if the current consumption in the house is lower than the production of your solar system. By default we assume your meter is a “net meter”, i.e. it shows the balance of consumption vs. production, respectively the net consumption or feed-in to/from the grid. Zerofy Run on Solar will then “trigger” when production=consumption, i.e. the meter passes 0. (There is a minimum required surplus power per device, Zerofy will not turn on devices before that level is reached.)
In this case we don’t know the current consumption in the house, but you can still use Run on Solar by setting a fixed threshold of solar production read from the inverter to start triggering devices. For example 2kW.
- Connect your solar system to the app.
- Select the device you want to use Run on Solar with.
- Navigate to the device details and enable Run on Solar.
- Set the priority of the device.
- Device will automatically switch on when there is excess solar energy, according to the priority order.